Mikey’s Guide to Unpotty Training
My Guide to Unpotty Training
Today I want to share the tricks and tips I used to unpotty train myself. Keep in mind that some things will being to work almost immediately (3-4 days), while others will take weeks, months or even years.
So if you are ready to be a diaper wearing little boy like me, here’s how to start.
1) Make the commitment. From here onwards you will only wear diapers. When I made this decision myself years ago I opened my dresser drawer and took out all of cartoon briefs and tightie whities (I never did wear “big boy” underwear). I then took my scissors and cut up my underoes so all I was left with was a pile of cotton rags. I quickly got myself padded up before I could change my mind, put on some pants and took my destroyed underwear to the trash, telling myself that I will NEVER wear underwear again.
2. From here onwards you can only wear diapers at all times. Regardless of where you are or what the occasion, unpotty training requires you to wear diapers at all times, 24 hours a day and 7 days a week. The moment you put on that big boy underwear and use that potty all that training you did will be destroyed. It takes a great degree of effort to convince your body that it is okay to just let go whenever and wherever. Potty training and all those years of using the potty have created a very strong learned behaviour.
3). Drink lots of water and juice throughout the day, this will keep you bladder full and make it much easier to practice uncontrolled wetting. It is also important to drink two bottles of juice or water within one hour of bedtime. This will help ensure you have to wet throughout the night.
4) Now for the unpotty training. Wet as soon as you feel it, DO NOT hold it. You want to train you body to just “release” on its on. I repeat NEVER HOLD IT. By holding it you are strengthening the bladder, rather then weakening it. It’s a muscle that needs training, so ensure you are constantly training it to relax. It is not initially possible to “ignore” the conscious awareness of needing to wet, but by telling yourself to relax and “let it happen” you will find your subconscious, the part that actually keep your from wetting yourself and controls the autonomous behaviour responses, will begin to accept and adopt the new patterns and responses until you do just void unconsciously. A few days to a week of unconscious natural voiding and you will be wetting and messing just like a little baby. Continue rewarding yourself mentally for being such a good baby, and wetting and messing yourself naturally and easily, and you will never feel ashamed or humiliated or embarrassed about what you now can do. Unpotty training is a combination of both physical and mental training.
5) Night-time wetting will take FOREVER. So have patience. Go to bed every night with a full bladder. Falling asleep with a bottle or sippy cup of water works great. Since you went to bed with a full bladder you will likely wake up and at some point and need to pee. Try to picture yourself remaining asleep as you wet, and “pretend” you are still sleeping. After you wet your diaper, relax again, and picture this happening while you sleep soundly, contentedly, and happily. Soon this is exactly how it will happen. It may take a few months [my experience] for you to sleep soundly through the night, and to wet naturally in your sleep. You may find yourself waking a while after you have wet, or just as you are wetting, but ignore it, and keep your eyes closed and fall back asleep. Remind yourself how wonderful it feels and fall asleep sucking your pacifier and hugging your teddy bear.
6) Remember what you are doing is potty training in reverse, so have patience. It took time to become potty trained in the first place and more important it is something you have been doing for decades, so it will take patience and time to unpotty train. Continue to reward and reinforce the “good, nice” sensations of wetting (and messing) and you will soon teach your body that it is okay to be a diaper boy.
And this here is how I became diaper dependent. But I have some bad news. Potty training is like learning to ride a bicycle, it’s something you never forget. In your subconscious you will still have that “potty training”, but this is a way to override that training and enjoying being in diapers 24/7. If you want something that is 100% effective surgery or a catheter is the only way to go. But for this little boy it’s 100% natural unpotty training for now.