20 Things You Didn’t Know About Gossip Girl
Seeing as this is my favourite show in history! I thought I’d share all this juicy info I know about it.
1. Ed Westwick (Yes, the beloved Chuck Bass) is British.
2. Leighton Meester, being a natural blonde had to dye her hair in order to play the role or Blair Waldorf.
3. The producers wanted Penn Badgley way more than he wanted them. They begged him to play the role of Dan Humphrey as he was ready to quit acting when he landed this role.
4. William Baldwin, took his role as Serena’s dad very seriously. He didn’t even want to face Blake Lively’s character, Serena van der Woodsen until cameras were rolling so he could really get into the role of the absent, distant father figure he played.
5. <>SPOILER:> Penn Badgley didn’t know that his character, Dan Humphrey was going to be Gossip Girl.
6. Seeing as the show became ravingly popular, they created a tour of all the places these young fabulous teens ventured during their 6 series running. This Gossip Girl tour was created by the same people who created the Sex in the City tour.
7. Lily van der Woodsen was originally named Darla, but last minute changed it to something a little more fitting.
8. Serena, Dan & Blair are the only three characters that showed up on every episode of Gossip Girl from start to finish.
9. Every episode title had a hidden meaning. Which was word play relating to a movie title.
10. Taylor Momsen (Little Jenny Humphrey) is also Little Cindy Lou is The Grinch Who Stole Christmas.
11. Gossip Girl was originally suppose to be a movie, and kind Lindsay Lohan who was just a good girl gone bad from Africa, was going to play the new mean girl as Blair Waldorf.
12. Ed Westwick originally auditioned for the role of Nate.
13. And, realistically they did not want Ed for either roles of Chuck or Nate because he looked more “serial killer than romantic lover”.
14. The costume designers modelled Blair’s looks after Audrey Hepburn and Serena after Kate Moss and Sienna Miller.
15. In the show, Chuck has a dog named Monkey but in the books, he actually has a Monkey.
16. Producers spent anywhere between 10,000 to 60,000 a day for filming locations.
17. Off screen, the OC and Gossip Girl are linked, besides the fact that Josh Schwartz and Stephanie Savage are the same producers. Leighton Meester is married to Adam Brody, who was Seth Cohen in the OC.
18. The Empire Hotel, is actually a real hotel.
19. Blake Lively had a fitting for her Serena van der Woodsen wedding dress a day after her actual wedding to Ryan Reynolds.
20. January 26th is actual “Gossip Girl Day” declared by the then-mayor and visited the set to make note on how the show showcased the city in such a great and fabulous light.
Tweet & Follow Us: @21atNoon