Hey yeah this is very important.
Amongst some of the things than could happen are:
• Downloading, and distribution of PDF files would be illegal, as well as photocopying books.
• Downloading files for academic investigations would become illegal.
• English, robotics, and engineering workshops would become illegal.
• Costs in education would increase.
That last one is particularly important because sadly, Mexico doesn’t have a great public education system, thus, many people have to enroll into private schools and most of them are very very expensive. Sadly almost half of the population here lives in poverty, in consequence many children aren’t able to go to public schools. let alone costly private schools.
• Amongst the things that would turn illegal too, would be electronic repairing businesses, and only those businesses with authorized licenses could work.
• It would be illegal to add components to electronic devices, such as RAM memories, better processors, amongst others, regardless of the fact that said components were bought legally.
• Maintenance costs would increase as it would be illegal to fix your own electronic devices, even if it’s just a small touch up.
If things weren’t already bad, the way we use the internet would be affected.
• Access to internet would become more expensive, new taxes would be added to platforms as well as media.
• Internet providing services could block the access to downloading images, music, videos, books, pretty much any content that could be found on the internet, includi<>ng mem>es.
And last but not least.
“If someone points out any post or publication that violates authors rights, said post or publication must be hidden, eliminated, or disabled without previous notice, proof, or any jurisdictional order coming from the internet provider (…)”
Thus anyone, corporations and organizations, could demand for anything to be deleted and there wouldn’t be any reason to stop them as they would protect themselves with alleged authors right accusations.
Overall, our government looks forward to silencing us, keeping us quiet and not allowing us of freedom of speech.
This can have awfully consequences, as we would be silenced for expressing our political views and content would be manipulated to fit a certain political narrative.
369 votes were given in favor to this law, 0 against it and 1 abstention.
I am asking for everyone out there to please share this. My future and many others would be greatly affected by this law, many people could lose their jobs and fall deeper into the ever growing line of poverty that Mexico has.
We can’t allow for the government to keep us silenced and censored.
The original post comes from @/hiimnotlara on instagram.